Presentation of the committee
Chairman: Rui Lourenço Teixeira
Vice-Chairman: Michael Van Craen
Treasurer: Daniele Beretta
Chaplain: Fr. Claudio Luigi Fasulo
Co-opted member: Orsolya Gresz
Co-opted member: Jacques Ayoub
The European-Mediterranean region
The Euro-Mediterranean region is stretching from Iceland to Iraq and from Portugal to Finland, covering the Christian communities of Europe and the Middle East.
The region has 24 full members and 8 observing members.
According to the ICCS statutes, the bodies of the EM Region are:
- The Regional Council
- The Regional Committee
The regional council
The regional council consists of:
- Representatives of the member organisations in the EM-region
- Members of the Regional Committee
The regional council has the following tasks:
- determine the programme of activities for the Region.
- elect the members of the Regional Committee.
- approve the report of the Regional Committee
- approve the Regional accounts and budgets.
- propose motions, resolutions and/or recommendations, submitted by members of the Regional Council.
- vote on motions, resolutions and recommendations presented at Regional Council meetings
- decide to organise a regional seminar / Board meeting.
- set up working groups on subjects of specific interest.
- examine proposals submitted by member associations or other interested bodies.
- draw up the region’s rules of procedure and propose amendments where necessary.
- suggest to the Regional Committee the names of associations that are ready and available to host and organise regional meetings: for example, the annual seminar, the Board meeting and/or committee meetings.
Atelier de formation
Forum Régional des Aumôniers
Yamoussoukro, Côte d’Ivoire
Réunion annuelle du Comité Régional CICS Afrique et zonal (Afrique Australe)
Forum Scout Interreligieux Sous-Régional (zone Afrique Centrale)